If you Google ‘skin care remedies’, you will get about 1,42,00,000 results on how to keep your skin clean and glowing. Most of them will recommend you to apply one or another form of paste or face mask, using either organic or clinical product. While they might be effective, it doesn’t cure the root problem from which skin problems arise. Kerala Ayurveda, the renowned ayurvedic spa in Pune, recommend skin treatments that bring glow from within.
Your skin is the reflection of your overall health and it comprises of a wholesome diet coupled with daily exercises. Your skin glows naturally when the blood is purified. According to Ayurveda, skin is an accessory tissue product that supports blood and if your blood isn’t healthy, it can affect your skin. In Ayurveda, skin is categorized into three different types, namely Vatta, Pitta, Kapha. But before you go for a natural skin care routine, you need to identify your skin type to follow the appropriate regimen.
Vata Skin Type: The characteristics of this skin type are dry, thin, delicate, easily dehydrated, vulnerable to weather conditions and susceptible to premature aging. To keep your skin hydrated and plump, follow these steps:
- Add nourishment to your skin by consuming organic milk, whole grains, and leafy vegetables.
- To cleanse the body from within, drink plenty of fruit juices
- Eat a limited selected legumes like moong daal or tofu
- To lubricate your skin, do a warm oil self-massage (abhyanga) with a rich massage oil
Pitta Skin Type: This skin type is fair and sensitive that is easily sunburned. Though it is clear and radiant it can occasionally be irritated and red. Therefore, the pitta skin type needs both cooling and nurturing treatment. Follow these steps to care for your skin:
- You need to avoid any chemical cosmetic products that cause damage to your sensitive skin
- Avert from eating any hot, spicy or fried food that will add heat to an already fiery constitution
- Choose fruits that are both sweet and tart like strawberries, cherries, kiwi
- Use a cooling and soothing oil for a daily massage
Kapha Skin Type: Opposite to vata skin type, Kapha is oily, thick and pale. Since it is dense, it is prone to more toxin accumulation that leads to blocked pores. To keep your skin clear, follow these steps:
- Avoid any sweet or deep fried food to keep an oily skin at bay
- Exercise daily to improve circulation
- Consume more organic vegetables and fruits to cleanse your body
- Apart from cleansing, it is advised to exfoliate your skin with a mud mask once a week
Kerela Ayurveda, provides the best Facial Treatments In Pune, like Ayurveda Facial which is a face pack with a special blend of rare herbs that brings a glow to the complexion. This facial opens blocked pores, eliminates toxins, cleanses the face and improves skin texture. Our center has an exclusive Ayurvedic Body Care Program – Bhasini, that aims at toning and nourishing the body and skin.Highly useful in cleansing, rejuvenating the skin and helps to bring out the glow to the complexion. It also works as an anti-aging treatment and makes individuals look younger. This treatment includes whole body massage with an herbal poultice of medicated rice, soaked medicated milk and decoction.