If you have landed on this page, then it is apparent that you are almost done with those strict diet regimes, gym memberships, and numerous exercise routines and now looking for a more holistic and fulfilling method for weight loss. Losing weight should not mean a torture to your body and mind. When people are not able to achieve the desired results even after following varied tips, they tend to be stressed and anxious, which in turn causes additional weight gain. Ayurvedic doctors in Pune recommend breaking away from this vicious cycle by adopting Ayurveda techniques for weight loss that will not only help you get in shape but also give you overall improved health.
- Warm Water with lemon: Start off your day with the refreshing drink of warm water and organic lemon which will keep your metabolism humming and give a boost to your digestive system. You can also add a teaspoon of honey to keep it sweet while this combination cleanses ama (the by-product of undigested food particles in intestines) and pacifies Kapha, aiding in weight loss.
- Triphala with Honey: Triphala is an ayurvedic diet supplement that aids digestion by eliminating toxins and helping the body’s regulatory system to function properly which helps in weight loss. Available in both powder and tablet form, it is to be taken with honey and lukewarm water twice a day for effective results.
- Eat Seasonal Fruits & Vegetables: Nature knows best when it comes to healthy eating habits and maintaining ideal body weight. For example, it is recommended to eat high-carbohydrate fruits and fresh vegetables to keep our body cool and energized during summers or root vegetables, heavier meats during winters to insulate us from cold. Consuming more organic and fresh produce helps our body naturally digest and assimilate more nutrients to keep us more healthy and less bloated.
- Eat three meals a day: Dieting inadvertently means skipping meals or eating too little, which not only complicates your digestive system but also your metabolism. Ayurveda suggests that to maintain a healthy metabolism, a regular meal with proper intervals is needed for the digestive system to be adequately stimulated. Therefore, it is recommended to eat three healthy digestible meals every day without any snacking in between where the lunch should be your largest meal and dinner the smallest meal.
- Keep your Kapha pacified: The most common type of weight gain is caused by having a slow metabolism where excess Kapha can cause heaviness in the mind and body, lethargy and water retention. Eating a Kapha pacifying diet will help clear surplus Kapha from the system and support the body in achieving a more balanced weight while boosting your overall health.
Kerala Ayurveda, the most preferred Ayurvedic hospital in Pune recommends following these tips for weight management as well as improving your overall health. We have the best Ayurvedic doctors in Pune who suggest that incorporating Ayurveda can have profound effects on your life and lead you to stress-free and healthy weight loss regime.